Monday, December 5, 2011

You can't get ahead if your're trying to get even

The title says it all. You can't get ahead if you're trying to get even. It's a saying that is quite apropo today. 


I try to live my life in a forward motion, perfecting my craft, honing my skills and getting better and stronger without dwelling on the past. I try to continually grow as a person and dedicate myself to those people and things that I love.


However, there are some from my past who do not live this way and it's come to my attention that one in particular is on a bit of a fishing expedition trying to find out what is going on in my life. It is with intent to inflict harm that this person asks questions about me and I believe the person will continue to try to cause some drama to feed their own ego and sense of power. They will, of course, say they are doing it in the line of work, no doubt, deflecting their personal accountability, though it is most definitely personal.


I am reminding myself that I escaped that drama years ago and have been much happier and more blessed in life since then. As a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, I truly believe that getting out of that arrangement was the best thing that ever happened to me. I do not wish to return to the dysfunction that occurred in the past nor do I wish to be bothered ever again with even the thought of this human (for lack of a better term, though many come to mind).


A well lived life is the best revenge. And that is all I have to say about that. (Forrest, Forrest Gump)

No comments:

Post a Comment